I am getting totally confused about the correct way to add pH reducer to my pool.
These are my questions:
1. Do I dilute dry acid in water first?
2. Do I add the dry acid in the deep end, shallow end or evenly around the pool?
3. Do I add the dry acid with the pump running or off?
4. If the pump should be running, how long do I let it run for?
5. If the pump should be off, when do I put the pump back on? Is it minutes, hours or days?
My goal is to reduce pH and TA. My pH is 8.4 and my TA is 240+
6. Do I add the dose once a day?
7. When do I repeat the dose and do I let the pump run in between? Is it hours or days?