Maybe time to upgrade my pump and filter

Taterfink

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2012
NE Florida
I have the SandPro 75 and tho it was fine last year, it seems to not be keeping up this summer it holds 75 # of sand. My water is a light green after a storm and so I shock it. I am thinking it may be time for a new pump and filter. Please let me know what you think of this set up. The pump is 1 hp

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 66
Unless your filter isn't running, I don't think the cost is warranted. If you were green after a storm or two, I'd be more curious about what's going on with the chemistry. That said, the 21" shown here comes set up standard for 44 GPM which is 1 GPM shy of what you have now. You may get more out of that motor if it's different than standard, but you might end up pushing things through if it creates too high a flow rate. Sorry to rain on your parade, but I'd look at all the factors before you leap into a new filter setup.

I'll both agree and disagree with Patrick. I agree that you need to make sure your chemistry is right, but for a pool the size of yours, I'd recommend a larger filter. In fact, I'd recommend larger than the 210. I'd recommend something the size of the 244. If you're able to use your current pump on the new filter it may be fine, but the pump you linked to would be a good choice.

Well . . Don't I feel like a dummy. I was so focused on the chlorine (Brushpup was right). Chems first.
FC 5
Cc 0
Tc 5
Cya 45
Ta. 80
Ph. 8.2
Salt. 1830 :shock:

Too much rain and back washing I guess. Just didn't realize the effects, apparently.

I put in MA to lower ph.
Just p/u the CYA and will put it in in a few minutes.
Have the salt and will bring that back up.

I checked all numbers a week and a half ago. Ph never changes (well, not till I got over confident about it)
And I've been watching the chlorine. Well,of course, lesson learned! I should never underestimate my ability to mess up.

Once I get it all straightened out I just might be surprised to find out that my equipment is good again.

If the pump and filter I have don't cut it, at least I have some thing in mind. I've been concerned from the beginning but had to get what the budget would bear. I do plan to upgrade ASAP but, maybe not just yet

Thank you guys for your input. It has been a great help. Sometimes I just need another set of eyes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.