Warning to skimmer installers

blacknoir

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 11, 2013
Minnesota
So I made the mistake of installing my skimmer while my new pool was filling up. Everything was going great until I realized that the opposite end of the pool had a low spot on 1 corner which was causing the corner of my rectangular pool to dip a bit. The result is that I can only fill the pool so much and that max level is just barely above the bottom of the skimmer. Crud!

So the warning is, fill your pool to at least the bottom of where you want your skimmer so you KNOW that you will be able to fill it enough to actually use it. I jumped the gun on installing the skimmer and now have to live with it. I'll probably just install a 2nd skimmer and pretend the 1st doesn't exist.. *shrug*

It's actually for a water based toss game that uses a fancy plastic goal that I installed on the side of the pool just above the water line! Just need to come up with something to toss that won't actually break the darn thing... :)

OMG! THis would be my luck! :hammer:

Nice recovery though! :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.