Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Using up Trichlor I know I know..don't have that much

1. Back To Top    #1

Using up Trichlor I know I know..don't have that much

Anyway I don't want to let them go to waste and I'm not going to sell them to someone.

http://www.intheswim.com/Pool-Chemicals ... e-Tablets/

This says 25 tabs per 10000 or 55 tabs basically for my 22000 gallon pool. Does this sound accurate?

It doesn't mention if thats with a certain CYA level or anything. I have one 25 pound bucket of 1" tabs. I think it was 25...anyway.

Since the CYA will go up as I use the tablets...it wouldn't take a static number would it....heh

I'm so not clear on how to use those things.

Thanks in advance
    Lewisville, Texas 22,000 Gallon IG Plaster Chlorine FNS Plus Vertical Grid D.E. Filter 60 sq. ft. 150 GPM Push/Pull Valve Hayward Ecostar SP3400VSP Baracuda Zodiac G3 Cleaner

Caldera Vacanza Marino Vanto Spa VMA4R6393

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Using up Trichlor I know I know..don't have that much

What is your current cya level?

We recommend a cya level for you pool of 30-50 ppm.

25 lbs of trichlor tabs will raise your 22000 gallon pool by 76 ppm cya. It will also continually lower you ph and TA.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

76 ppm CYA ouch !! I wouldn't use it.

Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by linen
    What is your current cya level?

We recommend a cya level for you pool of 30-50 ppm.

25 lbs of trichlor tabs will raise your 22000 gallon pool by 76 ppm cya. It will also continually lower you ph and TA.
    0 I'm using 2 pool misters/coolers to cool the pool which will raise pH. I suppose it won't raise the TA, but if that gets too low I can raise it if needed right?

I had a leak that got rid of all the CYA. We fixed the two leaks we had...I think air bubbles are coming out of the return that had the leak..so perhaps the repair broke...I hope not.

There is one more minor one in the skimmer, but it shouldn't lower CYA really fast.
    Lewisville, Texas 22,000 Gallon IG Plaster Chlorine FNS Plus Vertical Grid D.E. Filter 60 sq. ft. 150 GPM Push/Pull Valve Hayward Ecostar SP3400VSP Baracuda Zodiac G3 Cleaner

5. Back To Top    #5

Yea but the CYA level will skyrocket if you use all of it.

Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Raiken3712
    Anyway I don't want to let them go to waste and I'm not going to sell them to someone.

This says 25 tabs per 10000 or 55 tabs basically for my 22000 gallon pool. Does this sound accurate?

It doesn't mention if thats with a certain CYA level or anything. I have one 25 pound bucket of 1" tabs. I think it was 25...anyway.

Since the CYA will go up as I use the tablets...it wouldn't take a static number would it....heh

Thanks in advance
    Weigh 'em. Then check out Effects of Adding Chemicals in http://www.poolcalculator.com/ That should enable you to figure out how many you can use without overdoing the CYA.

As long as you keep the bucket closed and the pucks dry, they'll keep a long, long time. Then you'll have them for vacations.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiken3712

Thanks in advance
    Weigh 'em. Then check out Effects of Adding Chemicals in http://www.poolcalculator.com/ That should enable you to figure out how many you can use without overdoing the CYA.

As long as you keep the bucket closed and the pucks dry, they'll keep a long, long time. Then you'll have them for vacations.
    Thanks will do.