Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Chlorine sale

1. Back To Top    #1

Chlorine sale

Hi I was just wondering if this is a cheap buy, 8$ for 1 box of sodium hypochlorite 12.6% there are four 1 gallon in a box, I'm thinking of getting more, but my says its expensive. Thank for any reply. Al
    Intex above ground Rect UltraFrame 12x24x52, 8500gal. Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump 14". Intex SWG.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Chlorine sale

That's a great price. Are you sure it's 12.6% ? Usually 12.5%.
    0.12 per oz.

Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

Sounds like a great price. I've been buying 12.5% from Menard's for $10/case of four and thought that was a very good price. Where are you getting it for $8?
    1994 18X36 IG vinyl, about 24,000 gallons, Hayward sand filter model S244T, 2 speed 1hp pump w/timer, Dolphin Nautilus Plus Robot, in beautiful SW Ohio.

4. Back To Top    #4

Branch brook in nj is closing and they have it on sale. Thanks for all the reply
    Intex above ground Rect UltraFrame 12x24x52, 8500gal. Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump 14". Intex SWG.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by SRWillis
    Sounds like a great price. I've been buying 12.5% from Menard's for $10/case of four and thought that was a very good price. Where are you getting it for $8?
    If you watch Menard's ads, they sometimes have the cases BOGO in mid-May.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by JohnT
    Quote Originally Posted by SRWillis
    If you watch Menard's ads, they sometimes have the cases BOGO in mid-May.
    Thanks for the tip, I'll be on the lookout next year. We just got our pool, so I need all the help I can get!
    1994 18X36 IG vinyl, about 24,000 gallons, Hayward sand filter model S244T, 2 speed 1hp pump w/timer, Dolphin Nautilus Plus Robot, in beautiful SW Ohio.

7. Back To Top    #7

Hey SRWillis where in SW Ohio you located.......Middletown Ohio here........Mike
    18x52 intex ultra frame pool 6981 gallons, 1 HP LL pump with 19 in sand filter,BBB method,borax 50ppm
    leslies DPD test kit + fas-dpd chlorine test kit + borates test strips
    thru wall skimmer,hard plumbed with 2 returns 1 1/2 sch 40 pvc
    1 large fountain 1 inch sch 40 pvc,shut off ball valves on all

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by fast1971chevelle
    Hey SRWillis where in SW Ohio you located.......Middletown Ohio here........Mike
    Just north of Hamilton in Fairfield Township, '71, so we're pretty close.

9. Back To Top    #9

Not far at all buddy.....if you ever need any help with your pool give me a hollar......Mike
    18x52 intex ultra frame pool 6981 gallons, 1 HP LL pump with 19 in sand filter,BBB method,borax 50ppm
    leslies DPD test kit + fas-dpd chlorine test kit + borates test strips
    thru wall skimmer,hard plumbed with 2 returns 1 1/2 sch 40 pvc
    1 large fountain 1 inch sch 40 pvc,shut off ball valves on all

10. Back To Top    #10

Biggest potential problem is that high strength chlorine degrades rapidly in heat. Freshness is important as are storage conditions. Closeout bargains can be less than they appear if the strength is lower than expected. Try some and see if it reacts as you expect compared to standard bleach.

Sent via Tapatalk...
    Inlaws Pool Boy since June 14th 2012, Pool built ~ 2003, In-Ground, 16'x32'
    13500 gal, Vinyl Liner, Fiberglass Slide, TF-100 Test Kit, Hayward 210T
    sand filter, A.O. Smith 1.5HP main pump motor (C48L2N134C1),
    Hayward SuperPump (model ?), Polaris 380 & PB4 Booster Pump

11. Back To Top    #11

We don't seem to have many options for liquid chlorine in Oklahoma, I found some at ACE hardware for $4.49 a gal but it's only 10%! Bleach seems to cost more here also, I get the 3 pack of Clorox at Sams for $9.00 a box, that's still $3.00 per gal. What do you other Okies out there do for chlorine?

12. Back To Top    #12

I just bought a twin pack (2 gallons total) of 10% at Lowe's for $6.86 yesterday in SoCal. That's a little better than 8% Costco Clorox or Walmart Great Value.
    24000 gallon in-ground | 500 gallon spill-over spa | SWCG T-15 cell | PS-8 control panel | Solar panel heating | Propane heater | Jacuzzi TM 31 sand filter | Jacuzzi 2HP 240V pumps (one each for filter and spa jets) | Jacuzzi TM 31 sand filter | Auto-leveler |

13. Back To Top    #13

The Great Escape has 4 Gallons - 12.5% for $10/case.
    21' round, 10,000 gallons above ground vinyl pool. The Liquidator 8 gallon version.

14. Back To Top    #14

Like2lean, I am in Yukon and just go to WalMart.....I think it is like 3.50 per gallon. I don't use that much so once a week I get a gallon, maybe two. Will start checking around though, you have sparked my interest.

I will say, if freshness is a concern, never had any issues with weak bleach from my local WalMart.

Bob E.