Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pool steps to replace ladder

1. Back To Top    #1

pool steps to replace ladder

I bought a house with an fiberglass pool, 2 ladders that are starting to show rust.
    A set of steps would be great but wonder if I can use above ground steps. They seem to be less expensive.
    It is a matter of attaching them to concrete? And fitting flat on pool floor?

IG, Fiberglass - 11,000g, cartridge Hayward 1100 -1.5 hp, at least 20+years old.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Twin Cities, MN

Re: pool steps to replace ladder

Welcome to tfp, julia2014

It seems like that could work. You may want to put a liner protector (large shower mat) under to protect the pool surface. In my agp, I just weigh down the steps with rock and water filled bleach jugs. To anchor the railing to the concrete you may have to drill and put in anchors. Hopefully someone who has done it will chime in.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

I have an agp and I weighted my steps down with 5lb hand weighs from walmart that I had in my closet. They were gathering dust. My hubby zip tied them to the inside of the steps. works great. My weights are covered with plastic so they are perfect.
    24 ft. round ABG-vinyl-15200 gallon
    Sand Filter w/1 1/2 HP pump
    Installed May 2011
    Taylor K-2006 test kit
    BBB method

4. Back To Top    #4

hey thanks, I think that is what I am going to do. simple enough and easily removed.