I really like the look of travertine

hawkgt

Jun 14, 2013
Knoxville, TN
I really like the look of travertine and would like to consider using it for coping and deck. Where should into to price this in my area? Of course I have seen travertine tile in tile shops, but I have never seen travertine pavers. thanks!

I'd suggest starting with an internet search for Travertine Pavers, in your area, if possible.

Also be sure to read up on whether the salt from salt water chlorine generators might affect travertine in any way, if you are ever considering that as a possibility. From what I've heard, salt can affect some flagstone, some slate, and some limestone.

Ask your pool builder if he can source them. Our did. It was just a little bit more than concrete. We also have a Salt Water pool and no damage yet. Travertine is timeless. Another plus about pavers is if you ever need plumbing work, they can just pull up the pavers and reuse them. Note the different sizes of paver used to make our deck.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 1,159
ComputerGuyInNOLA said:
Ask your pool builder if he can source them. Our did. It was just a little bit more than concrete. We also have a Salt Water pool and no damage yet. Travertine is timeless. Another plus about pavers is if you ever need plumbing work, they can just pull up the pavers and reuse them. Note the different sizes of paver used to make our deck.

Have you sealed your pavers around the salt water pool - especially the ones around the edge of the pool that will be prone to touching the salt water? If so, which sealer did you use? I'm planning a travertine install within a few weeks and looking for some tips on prolonging the life of it :) Thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Really any landscaper that installs patios can source travertine. I had my landscaper install ours in 2x seperate parts (because we didn't have all the funds to do it at once). Price install out in Arizona was $7sqft for ~800sqft, the second section was about 300sqft for $7.50sqft. The more you get the cheaper per sqft is...

I had pavers installed with my pool just over a year ago and have not had any issues. I initially sealed the section closest to my pool + coping as I was worried about the SWG but stopped at that point as it was a major chore!

Attachments

• photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    171.8 KB · Views: 579
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 560
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.