Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: In the pool lighting?

1. Back To Top    #1

In the pool lighting?

Not sure where to put this so I just stuck it here.

I was wanting to add some lighting inside the pool itself. My pool currently does not have lighting in the pool but I do have plenty of lighting outside and around the pool. I don't want to hard wire a light in the pool. Any suggestions on other options to get lighting in the water or around the edges under the coping without having to hard wire it in? I've seen the floating lights but I'm not sold on that idea yet.
    16x32 IG, 24k Gallon, Vinyl, Sand filter, SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: In the pool lighting?

This may not be a great idea, but if your wall is metal, you could use something like this: http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/GLI-7...ON-3-13112.htm We use two of them on our metal walled agp, though they do not put out a ton of light.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: In the pool lighting?

Wall in not metal but I like the idea. Would be cool to have a few of them around the edges under the coping.
    16x32 IG, 24k Gallon, Vinyl, Sand filter, SWG