Test keeps saying zero chlorine?

I had my pool sparkly clear this season, and it was wonderful.
Had a VERY hot, humid, rainy season so far. (like rain every other day for 2 weeks) Tested the pool early morning, was gone all day, and the next morning, it was cloudy and now green.
I know the process, but every time I test my chlorine levels the water never turns pink.
Last night I put 218oz of liquid chlorine, and tested this morning, and still no pink! Yet I can smell the chlorine in the pool.
HELP! :?

Hmmm....

218 oz of bleach will only raise FC to about 9. If the pool's green, you'd lose most of that within the first hour, and overnight, it's all gone.

What's the CYA level? You'll need to know that to determine shock level. Yes, sad to say, you need the shock process. So load up on bleach and motrin and your favorite beverage and have at it.

The smell, by the way, is Combined Chloramine. Bleach oxidizes organic stuff - think of it as chemical flame. The CC is the equivalent of smoke. When a fire is going good, you don't see smoke! When the chlorine is really oxidizing stuff fast, you won't smell chlorine.

[center:12ngkft3]
file.php
[/center:12ngkft3]

Even at shock levels my pool smells so fresh and without a bleach smell that I have had people ask how I keep the water clean without using chlorine!

However if my CC levels are high during shocking I have smelled the bleachy smell. I suspect Richard is right.

Sent via Tapatalk...

Ok thanks guys, must of had some nice algae going on. Added chlorine a few times today to keep it up to shock. Already the green, has gone away, and now just cloudy blue.
I did notice that it really cooled off here today, and there was steam coming from the pool, as the water is really warm. Can Warm water help algae growth?
Also, with all the rain, have stabilizer on its way, as I am sure my CYA went up. Will test that tomorrow and add accordingly. Thanks for always being here.
You guys are like my pool facebook, lol

maryj0w said:
Also, with all the rain, have stabilizer on its way, as I am sure my CYA went up. Will test that tomorrow and add accordingly.

Switch this statement. With all this rain your CYA will have went DOWN. Adding a TON of fresh water like we have the past two weeks will cause your CYA level to lower as there is none in rainwater. There's a good chance that your number may have dropped so much that most of your chlorine is being consumed by the sun quickly thus not allowing it to kill off the algae.

Test and shock if needed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.