Cyprus pool experts

bof

May 17, 2013
Cyprus
Hi

I have been on this site a couple of time asking for advice, and it has been very good.
I thought I would let you know how the experts over here test the water.
They test for chlorine and pH only. The shops I tried all said it was unnecessary to test for anything else, and in all fairness the pools looked clean, but the taste of chlorine is not very nice.
If its green the hit it with algaeside a lot of it, and if its cloudy they use liquid chlorine a lot of it.
On average the pools loose about 4 tons of water a week in the summer and a average pool is about 80 tons. The water hardness is 500 ppm
So a constant replacement of pool water helps.
After I canceled my contract and decided to look after the pool myself, I discovered that the couplings were loose and the one way valves were jammed open, :evil: Good job I am an engineer :lol:
I am not very experienced in pool maintenance but I recon I can do as well as them and use less chemicals and I am on site 7 days a week :party: :cheers:
Question my test kit does not test for cya and it is not tested on the island, can i get away with not testing for cya.

Happy pool maintenance well I am enjoying it. :goodjob:

No. CYA testing is paramount to proper pool care. The ratio of Chlorine to CYA is the key to this site and it's members success. Without a reliable CYA number, it's impossible to ascertain how much Chlorine is needed for daily maintenance and shocking.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.