Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cyprus pool experts

1. Back To Top    #1

Cyprus pool experts

I have been on this site a couple of time asking for advice, and it has been very good.
    I thought I would let you know how the experts over here test the water.
    They test for chlorine and pH only. The shops I tried all said it was unnecessary to test for anything else, and in all fairness the pools looked clean, but the taste of chlorine is not very nice.
    If its green the hit it with algaeside a lot of it, and if its cloudy they use liquid chlorine a lot of it.
    On average the pools loose about 4 tons of water a week in the summer and a average pool is about 80 tons. The water hardness is 500 ppm
    So a constant replacement of pool water helps.
    After I canceled my contract and decided to look after the pool myself, I discovered that the couplings were loose and the one way valves were jammed open, Good job I am an engineer
    I am not very experienced in pool maintenance but I recon I can do as well as them and use less chemicals and I am on site 7 days a week
    Question my test kit does not test for cya and it is not tested on the island, can i get away with not testing for cya.

Happy pool maintenance well I am enjoying it.
    Living in Cyprus
    In ground overflow pool tiled 12m X 4m 19507 Us gals 16243 Imp gals
    1 Kw motor 15 cu m per min Sand filter
    I thought I saw the light at the end of the tunnel but it was just some PERSON with a torch walking toward me.
    I started out in life with nothing and I still have most of it left.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cyprus pool experts

No. CYA testing is paramount to proper pool care. The ratio of Chlorine to CYA is the key to this site and it's members success. Without a reliable CYA number, it's impossible to ascertain how much Chlorine is needed for daily maintenance and shocking.
    18'X4' 7600 Gal AG
    3/4 HP Pentair Pump
    Hayward S166T 100 lb sand filter

3. Back To Top    #3
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Cyprus pool experts

16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!