Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How to clean up my new pool bottom before I put my liner in

1. Back To Top    #1

How to clean up my new pool bottom before I put my liner in

I'm trying to find the best way to clean up my vermiculite in my pool before I put liner in .. I've got it sanded out but is still rough .. I have some cracks and pits I know will show ?? What can i do??
    Can I put a grout mix on top of vermiculite to fill in the pits and to clean it up .. Plzzzz help

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How to clean up my new pool bottom before I put my liner

Welcome!

I have no firsthand experience to offer, but I'll bump the thread up so others see it.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

I don't know how you do it, but you do want to do it. I'd also get out in your pool tonight and shine a flashlight across the various surfaces, then have a helper circle issues with a pencil so you can fix them in the daylight.
    18'x43' Sport Pool
    19,000 Gallons Vinyl Liner 3'-3.5'-4'
    SWCG and D.E. Filter
    Test Kits - Pool Calculator - Chlorine/CYA Chart - Pool School

Secret Weapon for Pool Chemistry Testing

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by harleysilo
    I don't know how you do it, but you do want to do it. I'd also get out in your pool tonight and shine a flashlight across the various surfaces, then have a helper circle issues with a pencil so you can fix them in the daylight.
    This is exactly what we did, we used sidewalk chalk and outlined areas that needed work. We then mixed up a wet vermiculite mix in a bucket, I did 1 part vermiculite to 2 parts portland. I am not sure how much water I put, but it was wet, almost soupy. I then used a trowel I had for doing tile work and worked it in like that feathering it in. Finished it off with some light sanding.
    DIY 18x36 IG Vinyl Rectangle with 2 foot radius; Steel Walls. 8' steps w/t 2 step jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 2 returns; Hayward Pro Series 24 Inch 300# Sand Pool ; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves, Hayward PL-P-4, SWCG

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks will check it out at night .. I have some pre mix vermiculite that's not working vary well but I'm going to try to add some Portland cement and see how it dose .. Thanks