Anyone ever dismantled a partially buried pool?

Jun 28, 2013
Has anyone ever dismantled a partial buried pool to move it? Am looking at moving a rectangular sort of 6 sided 33 x 14 At least 10 years old. Looks to be metal sections with built in ribs bolted together with a 43 x23 wood deck. Pool and deck are free, equipment (pump filter,vacuum,solar cover etc) $400.

Attachments

• pool.JPG
    pool.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 134
  • pool1.JPG
    pool1.JPG
    1.5 KB · Views: 134
Welcome to tfp, tchofclas :wave:

I have not seen an agp (or partial agp) like that before. As to removing that pool, I would be hesitant to get it without knowing what type it is and how good of shape the underground portion is. In addition, you will have to replace the liner and it may mean ordering a custom liner (which is more expensive) to do it.

Hopefully someone with an idea of the what that pool brand is will comment :whip:

I'm with linen... you might get into dismantling it and find out that the walls are rotting out. Once you've started to project, do you have to finish removing it if it's not worth the work? Make sure you've talked with the current owner about that.

Also, the liner will need to be replaced for sure, and I've never seen that shape abg before... might be costly. We thought we might try and save the one from the used pool we installed... not even remotely possible, and the liner was only a few years old.

Just be sure you have your details & costs worked out before you get started.

I figure the deck is worth it for the material if the pool turns out to be toast, and I can scrap the metal if need be.
However, the metal is individual pieces, bolted together. The middle piece on the long sides is 16 feet, and the rest I believe are 8 foot pieces, well reinforced with metal braces. My only worry is that the metal may be cemented in at the bottom. The pool / deck is free, and equipment $400. for everything. I have dismantled a completely above ground pool before, with plywood sides, and a friend put it up when I was afraid my custom built house was going to have to be dug up again. We have both moved, and she has taken one down since, and did not have to replace the liner, though some of the plywood was rotted. The trick apparently to save the liner is to leave some water in the bottom and add fabric softener, so it spreads as liner is folded, and be sure to store in dark place, and keep moist until reinstalled.
This pool is more than 10 years old, and about 2 1/2 feet out of the ground. What are the chances of it collapsing when the water is removed?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.