Here in southeastern Michigan, we have been getting absolutely hammered with rain. Right now, my water is actually so high that it's above the cavity opening for the skimmer, as in maybe an inch from the bottom of the coping.
I know if I pump some off, I'll lose some chemical value. But, other than skimmer effectiveness (i.e. none, but it's not that great under the best of circumstances anyway), is there some chemical or otherwise factor that would drive me to lower this now, vs let mother nature lower it via evaporation?
Also, I'm still putting off needing to shock this pool (it seems to have a very high chlorine demand, but CC are low and the water is clear). How would that play in to the water level?