How to patch a leak between inline skimmer basket & filter?

I have a leak between my inline skimmer basket and my filter. Right where the water comes out of the pump. It was a little leaky when I bought the house, and has progressively gotten worse to the point that now I am having trouble getting a prime on the pump and I have constant air in the lines. I know I have to be cutting down the ability for the pump to circulate correctly. The leak is where the pipe goes down into the top of the pump. I am having the pool updated, resurfaced, new lights, equipment checked out, etc - but I have decided to put it off to the end of the season. I talked to my pool company about coming out to deal with this leak at the joint, but they strongly suggested that I try to limp it along until the remodel as the cost of dealing with it now will be much more than later since now is their busy season and they would have to send someone out, etc. So... before I got at this leak with a roll of duct tape and some JB Weld, can y'all tell me what I need to do? I don't need a perfect fix, just a patch for a couple of months (or for a month and then I can do it again).

Thanks! I really don't know what I would do without y'all!!

Re: How to patch a leak between inline skimmer basket & filt

Sure, lets see if I cant get lne on here. It is right where the grey pipe goes into the black receiver. There is some white sealer stuff on it that is crumbling off.

urypuruv.jpg

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.