Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Return Circupool 45 and get Jandy, Hayward, or Pentair?

1. Back To Top    #1

Return Circupool 45 and get Jandy, Hayward, or Pentair?

My circupool is showing high salt, but still is producing chlorine. Circupool will either send me a new unit or give me back my money through where I purchased it. This forum is loaded with different SWG's and all kinds of problems. I am looking at possibly returning the circupool and maybe getting one of the following... Jandy APure 1400, Hayward AqRite 40K, or Pentair IC-40. One thing I found is Circupool is very willing to replace parts/units if there is a problem. I also don't really want to give up the clear cell. Should I maybe just hang onto my unit even though it lights up from time to time, but consistently produces chlorine. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks.
    21,500 Gallon Vinyl liner pool Eastern Pennsylvania
    Hayward 2 HP pump 2" Pvc pipes Full Sun Pool
    Hayward sand filter, Compupool CPSC 48 SWG
    12mil solar cover and reel

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Return Circupool 45 and get Jandy, Hayward, or Pentair?

None of the brands are perfect, they all have some kind of problem or another. I would stick with what you have, rather than going somewhere different.

If you do end up switching, I recommend the AquaRite. At least with them there are enough units out there that people know what the issues are and how to work around/repair them and service parts are plentiful.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Keep what you have, if it's working.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for your input guys. Does anyone else have anything good to say about any of these 4 units?
    21,500 Gallon Vinyl liner pool Eastern Pennsylvania
    Hayward 2 HP pump 2" Pvc pipes Full Sun Pool
    Hayward sand filter, Compupool CPSC 48 SWG
    12mil solar cover and reel

5. Back To Top    #5

Like Jason said, all brands tend to have some problems, some more than others. I have the aquapure and I've gone through 3 sensors and the cell just died this week in 2.5 years of use. Jandy has taken care of the sensors and I'm working on getting the cell replaced all under warranty. From what I have read, circupool has great customer service and I would probably stick with them if I was in your shoes.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

6. Back To Top    #6

I would get a new circupool , so you dont have to re-plumb ...
    Sean Hannon
    30,000 Gallons gunite pool Coated by Fibertech
    Hayward Pro Grid 72 / Hayward multiport
    Circupool V3 VS pump
    CirCupool SWG RJ 60, 400.000 btu raypak , Built in SPA