Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Indoor Shock Process...

1. Back To Top    #1

Indoor Shock Process...

I understand the shock process for use in outdoor pools, however I'm assuming something has to change when it comes to indoor pools... I'm imagining that the OCLT wouldn't work the same due to the lack of natural sunlight. Any and all advice is welcome, this is my first year with an indoor pool! Thanks!!
    36,000 Gallon Concrete/Vinyl Lined In-Ground/Indoor
    Sta-Rite T-240bp Sand Filter/Pump
    Atmospheric 130A Heater
    Taylor K-2006
    In Michigan's Great Southwest!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Indoor Shock Process...

Trying to attach a photo for your viewing pleasure! Not the greatest pic, but it should give you an idea of what I'm working with!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Atmospheric 130A Heater
    Taylor K-2006

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!

I'm surprised no one had responded yet. The shock process is exactly the same for an indoor pool and an outdoor pool. The point of the OCLT test is to confirm that the sun is not causing any chlorine loss. So it will work exactly the same for you.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Beautiful pool. All of your neighbors must be jealous that you can swim year round. I did not see any skylights in the pools reflection. Maybe you can add some!
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!

5. Back To Top    #5

One thing you may want for an indoor pool is chlorine reducer, it helps get back down near normal swim levels after you finish the shock process rather than waiting days for the FC to fall.

Ike
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

6. Back To Top    #6

Thank you for the advice! I will check out a chlorine reducer, getting the FC back to normal was my biggest concern. There used to be skylights, they were removed this spring when the entire room had to be re-drywalled due to mold. The pool hasn't been used in over three years, and the liner had fallen in. The dehumidifier went down, and the moisture took control. This past winter, we replaced the walls, ceiling, pool liner and repaired the dehumidifier, and we couldn't be happier! Next step is to put down some qualify moisture resistant flooring, thinking rubberized pebble floor. It's comfortable to walk on, slip and moisture resistant, and easy to maintain!
    Atmospheric 130A Heater
    Taylor K-2006

7. Back To Top    #7

Your not the only one that has done a major indoor pool building remodel lately, here are some photos of my big project last year (glass doors still need to be replaced, maybe next year, new solar heaters, and bbq house redo were this years project) my-not-indoor-pool-at-the-moment-t43536.html Photos do not show new blown in foam covering ceiling, etc.

Ike
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~