New to site and owning a pool: I have a question

Jun 28, 2013
We have had our Intex ultra frame pool for 2 weeks. Everything is going ok. We turned it into a saltwater pool.

We want to go out of town for 3 nights. We are used to just up and leaving that we forgot about the pool. What would you suggest we do to maintain it while we are gone? We have no one to check the pool.
It being saltwater I cannot toss in Clorox when we get back.. I was thinking of putting it on a timer and let it run those days. But the thing is that Saltwater pump is kind of picky. If the filter in the other pump is slight dirty the salt pump will say low salt or no pump flow.. If this happens while we are out the salt water pump will shut off and just the standard pump that came with the pool will be running.

Please advice on what to do? Thanks!

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!! :wave:

You have a SWG pool ... one of the major benefits is being able to leave and it maintain the FC for you.

McFamily said:
It being saltwater I cannot toss in Clorox when we get back..
What? :scratch: Who told you that? You can certain always add bleach ... in fact it is recommended before and/or after any heavy use so that the FC does not drop too low.

McFamily said:
I was thinking of putting it on a timer and let it run those days. But the thing is that Saltwater pump is kind of picky. If the filter in the other pump is slight dirty the salt pump will say low salt or no pump flow.. If this happens while we are out the salt water pump will shut off and just the standard pump that came with the pool will be running.

Please advice on what to do? Thanks!
I guess I do not really follow how your pool is setup. You have 2 pumps?

If you do not want to worry about the SWG. Turn it off. Raise the FC up to shock level. And put a cover on the pool. Likely will be fine for 3 days.

What is your CYA level?
Have you read Pool School and do you have one of the recommended test kits?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.