Poolife tablets

erivette

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 26, 2009
South Texas
I have a 50 lb tub of Poolife 3" 3-in-1 Cleaning Tablets that I've never opened. (Came with the pool) My CYA is at about 25 so I need to increase it but have no stabilizer on hand. I was trying to figure out how many will get me to about a 40 CYA when I noticed copper in the ingredients. :shock: It's a very small % but I'm concerned. Can I use just enough to add about 15 CYA? And if so, how many will that be?

You can use poolcalculator to figure that out for you ... Effects of adding chemicals ... pucks are trichlor ... likely weigh 7-8oz each.

80oz will add 16ppm of CYA ... so 10 or 11.

Too bad they have copper in them ... with very limited use, that "should" not be a problem.

I wouldn;t use them.

Besides the copper, they have aluminum sulfate.

What's wrong with that? Beats the heck out of me! But I won't put anything in my pool unless I know what it does. For all I know, it will leave aluminum stains on the plaster. And I've had aluminum stains on my hands from handling old patio chairs and aluminum canoes. I have no idea if it will, but again, I wouldn't risk it to save a few bucks.

http://www.leisurepoolinc.com/sitebuild ... L42203.pdf

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.