Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Poolife tablets

1. Back To Top    #1

Poolife tablets

I have a 50 lb tub of Poolife 3" 3-in-1 Cleaning Tablets that I've never opened. (Came with the pool) My CYA is at about 25 so I need to increase it but have no stabilizer on hand. I was trying to figure out how many will get me to about a 40 CYA when I noticed copper in the ingredients. It's a very small % but I'm concerned. Can I use just enough to add about 15 CYA? And if so, how many will that be?
    Just bought a new house in the country, no pool yet. :(
    Hot tub..500 gals..bromine
    TF100 test kit and speedstir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Poolife tablets

Me personally I would throw out the tabs and get some granular CYA.

Just my 0.02.

Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

You can use poolcalculator to figure that out for you ... Effects of adding chemicals ... pucks are trichlor ... likely weigh 7-8oz each.

80oz will add 16ppm of CYA ... so 10 or 11.

Too bad they have copper in them ... with very limited use, that "should" not be a problem.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

I wouldn;t use them.

Besides the copper, they have aluminum sulfate.

What's wrong with that? Beats the heck out of me! But I won't put anything in my pool unless I know what it does. For all I know, it will leave aluminum stains on the plaster. And I've had aluminum stains on my hands from handling old patio chairs and aluminum canoes. I have no idea if it will, but again, I wouldn't risk it to save a few bucks.

http://www.leisurepoolinc.com/sitebuild ... L42203.pdf
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Oh heck no, 10 or 11 is way too many. CYA will have to wait until I can get to town. Thank you!!!
    Just bought a new house in the country, no pool yet. :(
    Hot tub..500 gals..bromine
    TF100 test kit and speedstir