Aquabot used motors?

May 30, 2008
Salisbury, NC
Does anyone know if there is anywhere that sales used but working Aquabot motors. I have an Aquabot Turbo T2 and the A8541 drive motor is bad. I know it is not reccomended to install a used motor but I was going to see if I could find a used one to at least try to get me through the rest of summer before paying $300 for a new motor.

thanks

Titanium said:
lethalshine,

Here are some links that might help:

http://www.i-love-my-aquabot-automatic- ... epair.html

I'm don't think this is a used Aquabot Turbo T2 motor, but a new one costs $186 at this online store http://www.aquaqualitypools.com/aquabot_parts_page.htm

Let us know what you end up doing. And take pictures !!

Titanium

I think you were looking at the pump motor. Aquabots have two motors, pump for pulling water through the filter, and a drive motor for making it go. The T2 drive motor was $270. My aquabot drive motor broke, and since I did not want to pay almost $300 to fix it, it is now an expensive, self contained, manual vacuum. But T2's are more expensive, so would be worth fixing.

I did not find any place that sells used motors. I also tried to find someplace that sells motor parts, but could not.

Randy

Thanks for the help. I was hoping to find a used one but that seems to be fading. it has been pushing 100 degrees here in NC the past few days. A couple more days of this heat and manual vacuuming and I will just fork over the cash to get my T2 working again. I never checked on repair part cost before buying my unit. I guess after spending all the money on the T2 you have to pay the high repair part price. I was just hoping it would have lasted more than 2 years before breaking.

I just got back from vacation and checking the wiring is on my to do list for this weekend. It will take me that long to remember to bring home my ohm meter from work.

They(Aqua products) told me it couldn't be the wiring since the vacuum motor is working but it is worth a shot to look into before spending the money for a new one. Why trust someone who could lose $$$$ by telling me something other than buying a new replacement.

Check the wiring! When I think back, the first problem that I ever had with a motor was the Turbo pump motor connection on the bottom of the drive motor. The "special" putty looked fine from the outside, but was green on the connection posts and one wire was eaten through. I used Oatey Plumber's Putty when it went back together, and a layer of clear RTV over everything. Good Luck!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.