new pool owner in need of help

Jun 28, 2013
My wife and I are going to close on our 1st home soon. When first viewedthe property pool was clean and full with hose in it.
On may 23 pool was in same condition. We stopped by yesterday june 27 to find the pool half empty to the light in deep end. Bottom full of sand, bugs, a dead bird, and a pump running putting a slow stream into pool.
Is there any way 36 days of evaporation could result in that llevel of water loss? We live in west texas and each day has been over 90 to 108. I am suspecting a leak that got by inspector around light.
Also I am now considering draining the pool and a ddeep clean with a blue sky paint added or with our drought maybe attempting to salvage h2o. Any ideas r appreciated:) we close on july 9th so I will.check water level then and if unchanged can I assume a leak near where the level is. Thank u all in advance!

I would guess there is a leak in the area of the light. Maybe the conduit is not sealed where the wire goes out of the light niche. You can buy rubber plugs that the wire goes through that may work to plug the conduit

Thank you:) kinda what I was afraid of lol... electricity and pool water seem so hazardous together and repairing a leak near electrical conduits raises concerns any advice willl be awesome. I will try for pix of the pool whenever we close july 9th

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.