Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stains from decomposing worms

1. Back To Top    #1

Stains from decomposing worms

We were away for a few days. When we got home, we found that a bunch of small (about 1 inch long) worms had decided to swim in our pool. We got a bunch of them out. But, it looks like a few died on the bottom and are now decomposing. So, we have these little raised brownish yellow circles on the bottom of our fiberglass pool.

I can't brush them loose. Somewhere I had read that scrubbing with a chlorine tablet would help....I tried, but no change.

Our water is nice and clear. We have a SWCG. CYA and calcium hardness are fine. pH never varies beyond 7.4 - 7.6.

There are about 5 of these stains spread around the bottom of the pool.

Any suggestions on what else to try?
    Vince L

16' x 37' fiberglass pool, 8' fiberglass spa, Hayward Swimclear C3030 filter, Hayward EcoStar VS pump, Goldline Pro Logic PL-PS-8, Goldline SWCG, Goldline Sense & Dispense pH control, Fiberstars LED's in pool & spa, AquaCal SQ175R heat pump, SR Smith Typhoon slide, Polaris 9300xi robotic cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Stains from decomposing worms

Increase your FC to about twice it's normal level for a few days and brush the stains whenever you get a chance. I'm pretty sure they will disappear.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Stains from decomposing worms

Thanks for the suggestion, Dave.

Just set the chlorinator to superchlorinate. Running in this mode for 24 hours definitely gets the FC level much higher.
    Vince L

16' x 37' fiberglass pool, 8' fiberglass spa, Hayward Swimclear C3030 filter, Hayward EcoStar VS pump, Goldline Pro Logic PL-PS-8, Goldline SWCG, Goldline Sense & Dispense pH control, Fiberstars LED's in pool & spa, AquaCal SQ175R heat pump, SR Smith Typhoon slide, Polaris 9300xi robotic cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit