Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Been 10 days since plaster, no equipment?

1. Back To Top    #1

Been 10 days since plaster, no equipment?

So, how concerned should I be? The pool was plastered and the filling started Tuesday 6-18. The pool company is brushing daily, multiple times at the beginning, but they have not put the equipment in yet, so no running water/filtration.

Thoughts?

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Been 10 days since plaster, no equipment?

Yeah, I'm with you....I think's it's time to be the squeaky wheel.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

What is the biggest concern, PH?

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

pH and a major algae bloom if there is no chlorination in there.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

If it is clear, should I be concerned? They keep pushing the equipment install out, supposed to be today, but it is 1:50pm and no one has come by yet.

6. Back To Top    #6

It is good that they are brushing daily, but without filtration they are just moving stuff around.
    Mike
    ~17' x 34' IG pool with attached spa - 20500 gallons - Gunite with a "pebblesheen"-ish finish
    Jandy iAqualink with iPad and Jandy PDA remote - Pentair IntelliFlo VS 11018 Pump
    AquaRite SWCG - Pentair SMBW 4060 DE Filter - Really Old Raypak heater
    "Wall-E" an Arneson-Hayward Navigator - A couple of Jandy/Zodiac WaterColors LED Lights - Blue-White F-1000 Flow meter

7. Back To Top    #7

After a not so pleasant conversation on Saturday with the owner of the pool company, I was guaranteed the equipment would be installed and running by tomorrow - Tuesday 7/2. We will see, he also said he would fix/cover anything with the pool because his reputation is everything. It's 10AM and no one is here yet

8. Back To Top    #8

Let's hope after the confrontation he does show up tomorrow. Equipment install seems to go quickly but I might be concerned about lack of time for pressure tests but I could be off base on that idea. Of course if they do install we all know you will want to run it right away. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you tomorrow.
    19' x 37' Freeform IG; 25,500 gallons; max depth 8'6" with diving board; sun bench and swim out shelf. PebbleSheen Blue Granite Finish; Noble Tile--NVSA616 Peacock; Sandstone Retaining Wall; Oklahoma Flagstone Coping, Aggregate Deck; Small Water Feature w/ Moss Rock (70% flats and 30% boulders) Jandy Stealth 2HP Pump and CV460 Filter; AquaCal SQ156 Heat Pump/Chiller; Polaris 380 pressure cleaner w/ Halcyon boost pump.

9. Back To Top    #9

They have the filter, variable speed pump and heater working (as of 7/3). Still have equipment pending (no telling when???). They are sending a person out daily to check chemicals and adjust, brush and clean the pool to try and keep me happy. He also guaranteed the finish saying he would have a diver go in and polish areas if necessary or (worse case) drain the pool and refinish, but he seems confident it will all be ok?