Pool Nightmare

kaffy

Jun 28, 2013
Hello,

Trouble Free Pool has been a great resource since I opened the pool this year (first house with a pool). Despite having some pump and heater issues, my family has been enjoying swimming on a daily basis. I've been "obsessed" (as my wife puts it) with the chemistry on the pool and been visiting the local pool store for water test every few days. I went to bed last night after adding a bit of pH down and started to read about phosphates on my iPhone. In my dream, I woke up to find my pool entirely filled with algae and jelly fish like organisms. I started to net the things out and discovered that an old, dirty solar cover had fallen and sunken deep into the pool. I pulled the solar cover out but inadvertently opened a big underwater cave - which effectively drained the entire pools water. I stood there watching the water swirl down this big black hole, and all I could think about was how much $ it would cost to fill it up.

I woke up laughing, but still had to go straight to the window to check on the pool.

Anyways, thought I'd share this "pool nightmare" with you. I'm sure I'll have some real pool nightmares in the future.

Kaffy

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Thanks for sharing your nightmare dream. May that be the only place you see algae or experience any pool problems. Perhaps you need to relax in the pool more so that you dream instead of floating in pristine waters in some far away place until...

[youtube:1mme96ak]ZvCI-gNK_y4[/youtube:1mme96ak]

How can you be obsessed with chemistry and not have your own test kit and speedstir? :scratch:

Oh.... I get it... the pool store merry-go-round where the levels go up and down and you go 'round and 'round and it never ends.

You know once you show zero phosphates, your nitrates will be too high.