Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Before and After Pics

1. Back To Top    #1

Before and After Pics

Hi all. New to the BBB method and couldn't resist showing a before and after pic. I wish the pictures were taken from a similar angle, but you get the idea. Thanks for providing such a great resource! Sam's Club will miss getting my $200/year for trichlor now
    Attached Images Attached Images
    37K gal, IG vinyl, 1 1/2 HP Flotec pump, Hayward S244S sand filter (62GPM, 3.1 Sq Ft)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Before and After Pics

Hi, welcome to TFP! The frog is a nice touch!
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Nice water! Congrats!!!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP!!!

Nice job
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome!

Are the pictures telling the truth? It took a month and 5 days to clear it? Or did you start later or finish earlier than when the pictures were taken?

And you did it without once posting a question! Amazing.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

6. Back To Top    #6

Started later and finished earlier, although I'm not sure of the exact dates. There is plenty of info here to get a pool straightened out without asking any questions. The funny thing is, my wife and I inherited our pool from her parents, who we purchased our house from. We've had it 18 years. When I brought in the Taylor kit I had purchased, my wife said "oh yeah... my dad used to use one just like that!" If only someone had shared that info 18 years ago!
    37K gal, IG vinyl, 1 1/2 HP Flotec pump, Hayward S244S sand filter (62GPM, 3.1 Sq Ft)

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by willard31
    There is plenty of info here to get a pool straightened out without asking any questions.
    We think so too ... and yet we get a LOT of questions

Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL

8. Back To Top    #8

Jason, don't worry, some of us newbies are trying to help with the answers. I know you guys answer a lot of repetitive questions. As I have gotten more confident in the last year I have started answering some myself. You guys need some time to swim! Maybe someone could make a pool knowledge test that shows just how much one knows about pool chemistry. You could post everyone's score beneath their avatar.

Willard, I love the before and after pics. It shows what a little knowledge can do for your pool......... and wallet.

And thanks to everyone here who helps out. Time for a beer!
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!

9. Back To Top    #9

Hi willard and welcome to the forum

Good looking water

Sam's club can probably find you in the bleach/liquid chlorine aisle now
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

10. Back To Top    #10

Thanks! Actually, I've been getting the bleach at Fred's. If you have one in your area, you can buy the bleach in cartons of 3 for $2.75/bottle. It makes it handy to transport and the price is right.

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by willard31
    Thanks! Actually, I've been getting the bleach at Fred's. If you have one in your area, you can buy the bleach in cartons of 3 for $2.75/bottle. It makes it handy to transport and the price is right.
    What kind of bleach and what %?
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

12. Back To Top    #12

Fred's store brand "concentrated" ... 8.25%