Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Time Frame in Testing Water Sample

1. Back To Top    #1

Time Frame in Testing Water Sample

Is it important to test immediately after taking water sample or can test be done 30 min or so after getting sample. For example, pool sample brought into house and did a FAS-DPD test and came up with number. Thought I would repeat but it was maybe 30 minutes later and it resulted in a lower number. I usually test immediately but wasn't able to do so this morning. I was trying to do the OCLT and the first test indicated no loss, then subsequent test, I had lost 1.
    18x36 kidney 20,000 gallons IG vinyl. Pentair Easy Touch 8 w/IntelliChlor IC40. Triton II TR100. Pentair Intellifllo Variable Speed. Waterfall/Jump Rock. 2 Pentair Intellibrite lights. TF-100 Test Kit. And a very happy husband who gets to play in the pool without having to take care of it.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Time Frame in Testing Water Sample

The pH and chlorine should be done immediately. I think the others are less affected by waiting.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Time Frame in Testing Water Sample

Thanks. Will repeat test immediately after taking sample from pool.
    18x36 kidney 20,000 gallons IG vinyl. Pentair Easy Touch 8 w/IntelliChlor IC40. Triton II TR100. Pentair Intellifllo Variable Speed. Waterfall/Jump Rock. 2 Pentair Intellibrite lights. TF-100 Test Kit. And a very happy husband who gets to play in the pool without having to take care of it.