I want to say "thank you" to y'all for the help

You might remember that I am in my first year of pool ownership and have asked a lot of questions here. I wanted to tell you all thank you.

I have a funny story on me that will explain how much help you have all been. My daughters and I and assorted friends have been using our pool almost every day since warm weather hit. We "play rough" and there is a lot of splashing (and we have hit triple digits now) so it isn't unusual for me to need to put in additional water.

I went out yesterday to gaze over my smooth water and realized that I needed to put some water in. Dropped in the hose and went back into the air conditioning with a timer to remind me to go turn it off. A bit later I went out to shut off the water and was surprised to see that the water level hadn't really raised. I reset the timer and went out later and was very worried to see that the water level had not raised.

OK, now panic is setting in. Turned off the hose and stood there staring at the pool. Why isn't the level rising? Absently pulled the hose out of pool and dropped it back in, focused on how there must be a leak somewhere and what kind of mess do I have... and I notice something odd. When I dropped the hose it hit the water way above where I thought the water line was. It hit WAY up on the tile. I am looking at the tile and the water line is at the bottom third of the tile. But it is hitting water in the top quarter of the tile. I reached in to the pool and the water line was indeed at the top quarter of the tile. What I was seeing was grout line at the bottom third of the tile. My water was SO CLEAR that I couldn't see it!!!

This for a first year pool owner, 25 year old pool that needs to be replastered (putting it off until the end of swim season), in a pool that is being used almost every day, and trees and grass all over the area.

Thank you all so very much! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Re: I want to say

I loaded tapatalk so I can try to show you some pictures. Please ignore the ugly blue paint and deck work that needs to be done. I have decided to wait until fall to have the work done. I cant imagine being without the pool during the upgrades!
1st one shows the tile (vintage tile! Lol!) You can see the grout line about 2/3 down - that is what I thought was the water line. The actual water line is about half way up the tile.
e7ajuda9.jpg

2yde3u3u.jpg

And I posted this pic of the water on FB and people thought it was a liner!
ebejy4a7.jpg

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

That's some crystal clear water there! :mrgreen: Love the free form! It'd be my #1 choice if I could get an inground pool! :cool:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Butterfly said:
:goodpost:

That is one gorgeous pool :-D

I was going to say the same thing.

Love your pool Glitter! We are looking into our own and this is pretty much spot on with what we want. Maybe a diving board, but simple, minimal decking and the classic shape like yours. Really, really nice. Glad you are here and enjoying the forum. Your water looks SUPERB!

:goodjob:

Thanks so much everyone! I was just happy to find a house that had a solid pool with no cracks in it and a big yard with shade. It is a tall order! There was strong talk of adding a lot of decking (all the way to the retaining wall all the way around the pool) but I decided that in the Texas sun, grass would be a cooler choice. I sodded that a few weekends ago (man that is hard work) and I am really glad that I did. Had my first mow over the new sod yesterday, and it isn't as bad as I was thinking it would be as far as clippings go. The grass is so cool around the pool deck. I also debated having the cantilever deck cut and coping put in, but the deck is handling the sun beautifully - even in the worst of the sun and heat, we can sit on the deck... so, it is a bit of a dated look, but it stays.

This is my first pool ever, and it wasn't what I had in mind when I pictured it, but I have learned to truly love it!!! When my kids are grown and gone and it becomes more of a "margarita pool" I will probably add a shelf over on the little bump out to the left where the basketball goal lives now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.