new to all the chemicals and such

Jun 24, 2013
OK this comment is probably going to make all you seasoned pool people cringe, however here goes.
I am just a simple intex (bubble) pool user and have had one for a few years now. I have never used anything other than shock and the chlorine tablets in my pool and yes, if I get lax putting in the shock it gets all green and yucky and takes a while to clear up. My pool is normally pretty easy to keep clear till the end of the season when it starts getting colder and leaves are falling in. Mostly I have trouble when its rainy for a long while as it has been NOW for a couple days! I know I need to go and buy the test kit and do it all the right way but right now I need a quick fix as the pool is turning green. I cannot find any place on here that just says HOW MUCH bleach do I put in my pool? Going out now to re-pump up top bubble ring and start filter. Got only a small amount of bleach on hand so just going to dump that in!

And how much bleach depends on where your CYA level is at and whether it is routine addition or the shock process. All explained in pool school. We can't begin to help until we know where you are starting.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.