OK this comment is probably going to make all you seasoned pool people cringe, however here goes.
I am just a simple intex (bubble) pool user and have had one for a few years now. I have never used anything other than shock and the chlorine tablets in my pool and yes, if I get lax putting in the shock it gets all green and yucky and takes a while to clear up. My pool is normally pretty easy to keep clear till the end of the season when it starts getting colder and leaves are falling in. Mostly I have trouble when its rainy for a long while as it has been NOW for a couple days! I know I need to go and buy the test kit and do it all the right way but right now I need a quick fix as the pool is turning green. I cannot find any place on here that just says HOW MUCH bleach do I put in my pool? Going out now to re-pump up top bubble ring and start filter. Got only a small amount of bleach on hand so just going to dump that in!