Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Fiberglass pool - cleaner suggestions?

1. Back To Top    #1

Liverpool, NY

Fiberglass pool - cleaner suggestions?

Hi, I have a fiberglass pool with a white gel coat finish. Does anyone have any recommendations for a cleaner or wax that they have used to clean the water line area? The magic eraser works great for the most part, but was also looking for something to clean the area better. Maybe even a wax? Just wondering is anyone had any success stories!
    Upstate/Central New York. Roman style IG fiberglass pool, 13X33, 8800 gallons, installed July 2012. Pentair cartridge filter, 1 hp Pentair single speed pump. Taylor K2006 Test kit. Went BBB route in spring of 2013, no problems, no regrets!!!!!!

2. Back To Top    #2

North East Ohio

Re: Fiberglass pool - cleaner suggestions?

I've heard to stay away from WAX on pools, I have tons of fiberglass experience, but I am still a bit new on Fiberglass as it relates to pools. So others will have to chime in....
    14,750 GAL IG Fiberglass (16 x 33) NE Ohio || Jandy 1HP 2 speed Pump || Waterco MultiCyclone 16 Centrifugal pre-filter (removed due to not working with sand filter) || 30" 575 Lb. Sand Filter || AquaCal 140K BTU Heat Pump || Solar Cover || Inter-fab Adrenaline Slide || GLI Monsoon Solar Cover Reel || K-2006C Test Kit || BBB with Liquid Chlorine Stenner Injection || Rayner Mighty Mesh Winter Cover

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Fiberglass pool - cleaner suggestions?

We have a white fiberglass pool. I use Softscrub with bleach to clean the waterline. If you wipe it lightly with a Scotchbrite pad, it gets off most stains. I have waxed the outside area with boat wax. I'm sure any wax will do and it does help to protect the gelcoat. Now, metal stains on fiberglass are a bigger pain. Ascorbic acid works wonders on metals though.