Got a pool in the garage!!!

OK....I have muscles in places that I'm not 100% muscles should be!! I've gone from fluff to buff because of all this leveling! Not a bad thing, but wow, my arms and shoulders are sore!!

If it makes you feel any better, I worked with a bunch of other engineers who all thought they were in pretty good shape... until we sent a bunch of roses over to the advanced aerobics class in the next building over one Valentines Day (our windows looked down on their windows) and got invited to join one of their classes.

We were literally crawling up the stairs on hands & knees next day, nobody could even lift their legs enough to walk up.

Hello to my cool-pool-buddies! :D

Well, we've got the pool up, almost completely level (waaaay better than before...I think we're within an inch or less this time!) and we're almost finished filling it with water. I'm trying to get some pictures on here, but I'm still working on that...been so busy with the pool, I haven't folded clothes or gone grocery shopping in 2 weeks! LOL..we have piles of clean clothes in the hallway...they are sorted into colors and clean, just not folded..so, for now, we're digging! And, the other night, I had to go to the store for butter and milk....we were totally out and couldn't even make dinner! **sigh** well, I did say I wanted us to focus on the pool and nothing else till it was up, level and filling up with water! :hammer:

but, I digress...I took a water sample today (not filtered yet, because we are still filling and can't turn on the filtration system yet.) This is water just out of the hose (county water, not well water), and the test kit I have is an Aquachem?? kit. It tests for FC, BR, CC and pH (little tubes, fill 'em with water then drop yellow or red drops in and read color chart.)

Here's what I got: 15,000 gallon pool (not quite full yet)
FC = 1.0
BR = 2.2
CC = 1.5
pH = almost 7.6

The water looks kind of yellow...FYI

Do any of these numbers mean anything right now? I'll post again after the pool is full and the filter has been running for a while.

Oh, I have to buy a patch kit...bummer...small squirting leak on the side, might be one on the bottom, too...but whatever...:mad:...just gotta fix it! I'm going to need to get in the pool to fix it, however, I wanted to wait to get in till my chemistry in the pool is right, but I need to get this fixed, is there any reason I can't get in right now?

image.jpg
Base gravel....delivered. Note to all new levelers, although it is tempting to have your gravel dumped in the area to be leveled...DON'T DO IT! See all the rock piles off to the sides, that was all on the big mound. Yep, we had to move it all over to the edges. The spot where you see the large mound of gravel in the middle there, that is the very spot we had to dig out when we took the pool down to re level! :puker: learn from our mistakes, have your gravel delivered and dumped BESIDE your site!

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.