Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Picking up materials tonight, need input

1. Back To Top    #1

Green Bay, WI

Picking up materials tonight, need input

I'm just about done leveling the area for our 18'x48" INtex ultra frame and i am picking up the materials for the bottom this afternoon.

I've got he pavers for under the feet, so im set there.

What else do i need besides the pink foam and the duct/gorilla tape (hold pink sheets together)? Do i really need another tarp besides the one that came with the pool?

Side question once the pool is filled. I dug out and leveled a 20' area for a 18' pool. All said and done i should have a 1' or slightly less boarder around the pool. The deepest part of the dig out is about 5-6". Would it be to risky to fill that 1' area with that rubber mulch stuff, particularlay where the pool bottom goes 5-6" below the ground?
    Doughboy 24' x 48" (AG), AQUA Tools Cartridge Filter, Frog System
    2004 Sundance Cameo SPA

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Picking up materials tonight, need input

If the base is smooth I think you should be able to get by with one tarp.

for a space of 5 to 6" deep I think you'd be fine to fill the area with mulch. It may work it's way under the edge of the pool but you can rake it out with your hand if that happens.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Picking up materials tonight, need input

I did mine with just the included tarp, feels awesome and I can't see how anything would puncture, so I really can't see the need for another tarp.
    Intex Ultra Frame 18x48 6400g AG with included 635T cartridge filter 1500gph
    Intex SWG 54601EG