Air in line when using suction cleaner

Jun 26, 2013
I just bought an Aquabot Mambo suction cleaner. As soon as I connect it to the skimmer, I get air in the line. I disconnected the hose from the cleaner while keeping both the hose and the cleaner submerged. Our self priming pump filled up with water again. As soon as I connected the hose back to the cleaner, I got air in the line again. Is this normal? Is it ok to have some air in the line or is that harmful to the pump? I'm a new pool owner and I'm still learning. Thank you.

Yes I filled the hose with water first. I wasn't getting any air when just the hose was connected to the skimmer. As soon as I connected the other end to the submerged cleaner, then there was some air.

It is an inground pool.

As soon as I connected the other end to the submerged cleaner, then there was some air.
The chances are very good that you are sucking in air at that connection....even if it's somewhere else, you are clearing sucking in air and need to find that leak. all will then be normal.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.