Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Lowering TA was successful.

1. Back To Top    #1
    Sioux City, IA

Lowering TA was successful.

Over the last couple days I've been going through the proceedure for lowering the high TA in the pool with a lot of success. My fill water comes from our well and after testing it, I came to realize why my TA and CH in the pool are so high. The well water has a pH of 7.0, TA of 400, and a CH of 260.

I made an aerator for each return. Although they don't recreate the outflow of the Hover Dam, like the one Poseidon put togather they were effective non the less.

I lowered the pH to 7.1 and aerated...for 2 cycles. I started with a TA of 310, it's now down to 160. I figure one more cycle and I'll be right where I need to be. The next step is to rid the pool of the diffuse, iron stained calcium deposits on the liner. Once I get my TA to normal levels, what steps should I take to get rid of the scaling?

Here is this morning's numbers:

FC-8.5 CC-0.5 pH-7.4 TA-160 CH-240 CYA-48 Temp-78F

"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy." -B. Franklin

In-ground, vinyl lined, 20'x40', 3-10' deep, solar heater, sand filter, 3/4hp pump, Dolphin Pro, Cover Star Auto Cover.

A proud BBB convert.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Congrats! I am doing the same. I started at 270 and am down to about 210. I have a ways to go but it feels good to make progress.
    2003 Coleman MAAX Collection Model 706 - 400gal