Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New agp pool advice

1. Back To Top    #1

New agp pool advice

Hello All. New guy here. New pool. Followed new temporary pool guide using Kem tech dichlor. Im on the 5th day, Just tested. Here are my results
    ph 7.0
    fc 18!!!
    cc 0
    ta 180
    cya 35

I just added wash soda to bring up ph, but why in the world is fc so high? I plan on following bbb. Thanks, great forum.
    Intex ultra 22'x52" 1 hp. 2650 sand filter/pump. Hayward skimmer. Plan on using BBB. Set up on 6/23/13.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New agp pool advice

Welcome to the forum

It could be testing error? Maybe? :P

If 18 is correct, it is at shock level and as soon as it drops below 18, you can swim.

Normal shock level for CYA of 35 is 14 to 18.

Once the sun hits the pool, it will start dropping.

How much dichlor did you add?
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

I used the same method to start up my pool and the FC was that high after only two days of using dichlor, although I had added 2-3 cups of chlorine bleach as it was filling but before I could run the pump. Nothing to worry about. It'll come down.
    18'x4' AG Intex Ultra Frame, 6,700 gal., assembled new 2013; Mods: Hayward EC50C90 Perflex filter & 1 h.p. PowerFlo Matrix pump, Fiber Clear cellulose D.E. substitute, Hayward H100ID1 100,000 BTU NG heater, a pair of 2'x20' Sungrabber solar heaters via the original Intex 635T pump, grey Hydro Tools through-the-wall skimmer, Confer steps/ladder system & Cover Free chemical pool cover. The Summer of Mods!

4. Back To Top    #4

I followed the new pool guide. 1 oz dichlor for every 500 gals. 4 nights in a row. Not testing error, did it twice. No bleach added.
    Intex ultra 22'x52" 1 hp. 2650 sand filter/pump. Hayward skimmer. Plan on using BBB. Set up on 6/23/13.