I have learned essentially everything I know about pools here, and am in awe of the expertise on TFP!!! I lurk a lot and post very little, as my knowledge has certainly been limited to this point. What I do know has been on AGP, so I am definitely a newbie for IGP...
After maintaining the 15' AGP as noted in my signature line, we have decided to take the plunge (I know...) and get an in-ground pool. Found a PB we like, and are looking at a 16x32 vinyl lined pool. I would like to post the proposed specs, then seek advice from the experts here!
INCLUDED IN THIS PROPOSAL;
16 X 32 POLYMER WALLED POOL
3 FT TO 6 FT APPROX. DEPTH
27 MIL LINER (MOUNTAINTOP/BLUE MOSAIC)
2 FT RADIUS CORNERS
8 FT WHITE ACRYLIC STEPS
3 FT 6 IN WIDE DECK
GRAY STAMPED CONCRETE
4 FT ALL SAFE BLACK SAFETY FENCE WITH 1 GATE
1.5 HP PUMP
300 LB SAND FILTER
1 SET OF MAIN DRAINS
EXCLUDED FROM THIS PROPOSAL;
SUB PANEL FOR ELECTRIC
1. How does this look overall?
2. We are thinking about adding a Cozy Cove to the above proposal. What is everyone's experience with those?
3. We were considering a diving board, and if we did, the depth would be 8'. We had decided against it simply because of the possibility of injuries. Is this justified or hype? I have spoken with my insurance company and they said that it won't affect anything on their end - just that we may want to have higher liability.
4. We have a toddler, which was the main reason for the fence, as well as any possible other toddlers. We are in a rural area, with just a few houses and a couple of small children. Already have a privacy fence. Our initial reaction is: Yes, we must have the safety fence!!!! I also acknowledge that we run firmly on the side of being over-protective. Thoughts on the safety fence?
5. We are also considering a pool cover. The PB normally uses All-Safe for the fences and covers. Thoughts on the cover? No trees in our back yard, but a few outside of our fence line.
6. We are divided on stamped concrete or aggregate. Wife likes sc, and I like aggregate. Pros/cons of each?
7. PB normally uses Pentair equipment. Thoughts?
I know that I am deluging y'all with questions and I feel like this: ; however, I really am putting pride aside to ask for input to ensure we are on the right track. As everyone is aware, this is a huge investment and we want to do it right the first time.
We are very excited and anxious all at the same time.