Houston -wheres the bleach

Have any of you talked to UNIVAR? So far, they are the only reasonable ones I've found in the Midland/Odessa area that sell to the public. I'm way late in this forum, but I'm really looking into Chlorinating options for my new pool. UNIVAR is a commodity supplier of all kinds of industrial chemicals, and one of the biggest there is.

FWIW, I came across some cheap bleach at the Dollar Tree. $1 for 96 oz. It appears to be 5.25%, the bottle is not marked so it makes me a bit nervous about whether to trust it or not. I bought 2 bottles and did a test,

FC start 2 10:55AM
FC end 5 12:10PM

Still debating if it's worthwhile. I don't like the thought of dealing with all those jugs...

Cost / fl. oz: $0.198 dollar tree vs
Cost / fl. oz: $0.299 walmart

Formula: 1 / (1 * 96 * 0.0525)

Karmabiker,

I was expecting 6% bleach with a rise of 3.7 according to the pool calculator. I was also worried it might be old bleach since it's the Dollar Tree. When I saw a rise of 3 I reversed the numbers through the pool calculator and it seems closer to the 5.25%. The other factor here is that I waited 75 minutes to retest to allow time for mixing and procrastination :wink: . A better test will be to do it after dark to eliminate the sun light factor. Eventually I'll try it.

Attachments

• 2013-09-08_12-29-00_611 (Small).jpg
    2013-09-08_12-29-00_611 (Small).jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 127

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.