Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Houston -wheres the bleach

1. Back To Top    #1

Houston -wheres the bleach

I finally found it in 15 or 30 gallon refillable drums 10% 3.28 gallon . I will be going there on monday to pick up. Now I have to order my stenner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Houston -wheres the bleach

$3.28 / gallon of 10% is not that great of a price. I pay similar for the 2 gallon packs at Lowes/Home Depot. And I am not having to move and store 15-30 gallons at a time.

That is $0.256 / oz of chlorine. And some people have found it for less than $0.20/oz
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Unfortunately there are not many places down here that sell liquid chlorine in bulk. I have no idea why since we seem to have every chemical plant known to man cranking away on the ship channel. Surely one of them makes chlorine?
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

It not about the cost for me its about my time to haul all those jugs and dispose of . just my time is worth more than a few cent a gallon . 15 gallon carboy may be big for the normal homeowner . I think it will last me 2 months

5. Back To Top    #5

Napco up off 2920 and spring cypress they have 5 gallon size also , they will refill your containers I had to buy the drum it was 45.00

6. Back To Top    #6

if you use enough they will deliver , install , maintain ,and supply the pump

7. Back To Top    #7

You cant find it anywhere .I finally found though a friend that works for a waste water treatment plant

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by vinper
    Napco up off 2920 and spring cypress they have 5 gallon size also , they will refill your containers I had to buy the drum it was 45.00
    I live near there. Do you remember how much the 5 gallon containers were? What is the strength?
    29.2K Gallon Pool/Spa - Gunite/Diamond Brite
    Houston, TX Built 1983, Replastered June 14, 2013
    2 HP Sta-Rite Pump with replacement 2 speed motor, 60 SF Nautilus DE Filter
    Stenner Pump, No Heater, 280 Polaris
    TF100 Test Kit

9. Back To Top    #9

its 3.28 gallon , didnt price the 5 gallon jugs but your better off bringing your own

10. Back To Top    #10

Its 10%

11. Back To Top    #11

vinper: Where is the place on 2920 and Spring Cypress? Near the new Aldi store?
    29,000 gal rectangular Pebble Sheen in ground pool with raised spillover spa,3hp Pentair variable speed pump, Polaris 280 cleaner with booster pump, Pentair 520 cartridge filter, Pentair Master Temp 400 heater, Stenner 45MPHP10 Peristaltic Pump, TF-100 Test Kit & Speedstir

12. Back To Top    #12

AWESOME! Thank you!!!!

Much easier than hauling gallons and gallons.
    TFP Moderator Chris V. ~16K Pool & Spa, 48NSF DE, IG Plaster Circa 2000, Intermatic PE653, Challenger pump with a 2 speed B2984, 20gal stenner chlorine injection, Houston, TX
    One cannot follow Islam and Christianity at the same time, nor can one follow pool store methods and TFP at the same time.
    Pool School -- Pool Math -- TF-Test Kit

13. Back To Top    #13

Its at ..2830 spring cypress . small sign , hidden by along driveway

14. Back To Top    #14

Thanks. I've been paying $15/case of 4 gallons 10%. And it's a nuisance getting rid of the plastic jugs.
    29,000 gal rectangular Pebble Sheen in ground pool with raised spillover spa,3hp Pentair variable speed pump, Polaris 280 cleaner with booster pump, Pentair 520 cartridge filter, Pentair Master Temp 400 heater, Stenner 45MPHP10 Peristaltic Pump, TF-100 Test Kit & Speedstir

15. Back To Top    #15

I just couldn't turn down the deal...

Ok ... For the rest of the country this is not a great price ... But for Houston it rocks.

Aldi on 249 inside bw8 has 96oz bottles of 6% for 1.24. Works out to .22 an oz of active.

TFP Moderator Chris V. ~16K Pool & Spa, 48NSF DE, IG Plaster Circa 2000, Intermatic PE653, Challenger pump with a 2 speed B2984, 20gal stenner chlorine injection, Houston, TX
    One cannot follow Islam and Christianity at the same time, nor can one follow pool store methods and TFP at the same time.

16. Back To Top    #16

I saw the Aldi price. I just didn't have the nerve to haul out their entire supply. Besides, it takes a LOT of 96 oz. jugs to fill up my 15 gallon carboy.

Maybe I can get my wife to pick them up! She has more nerve than I do...especially when $ are involved.

17. Back To Top    #17

Houston -wheres the bleach

I nabbed 24 of them to almost fill my 20 gal carboy!
    Convenient cases of 4.

18. Back To Top    #18

What is Aldi? Do you have an address for? I work right near there and I've been paying $.30/oz for my bleach from walmart.
    25000 gal IG gunite plaster. Built in spa, built 1984.
    48 SF Hayward DE-4800 filter
    1 hp Hayward super pump
    3/4 hp Polaris PB-4 booster pump, Polaris 380
    Taylor K-2006 test kit

19. Back To Top    #19

20. Back To Top    #20

This is the first place I learned of aldi. It's like a low end trader joes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast