New ig pool kit equipment?

Jun 27, 2013
Im looking to purchase 14x28 (15k gal+/-) ig kit soon and looking for advice on equipment. My options are Hayward or Pentair. I do not really care about the brand but more about size of sand filter and HP of pump(leaning towards a 2 speed). I will have a heater if that makes a difference. Also would it benefit to run everything in 2". Thanks

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!! :wave:

Is that going to be an oval pool? What depths? 15k seems a little high on the volume and the filter size recommendation is based on the volume.
Are you going to have an high flow needs? Like water features, therapy jets, solar, etc?

If not, Definitely go with a 3/4-1HP 2-speed (Superflo or SuperPump), or consider the new smaller VS pumps from Hayward (Max-flo).

Running 2" pipe, especially on the suction side, will reduce the head loss and allow you to get higher flow rates with smaller pumps.

Ah, ok so it is a little deeper than I expected, so it is around 15k.

So, the minimum recommended sand filter size would be 2.8 sqft or 23" diameter.

Brand is really up to you, although at least Pentair increases the warranty to 3 years if you buy 3 pieces of equipment at the same time (like pump, filter, heater) ... although Raypak seems to get better reviews on the heater than Pentair.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.