Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Propane Heater Recommendations

1. Back To Top    #1

Propane Heater Recommendations

I currently have a propane Heater that was shared by the pool and the spa and it decided to that a **** so I'm in the market for a new one. I've decided since know one ever uses the pool when it would be required to be heated, I'm going to size it for the spa only. We are only talking a 500-gal spa so I'm thinking we only need 100,000 BTU unit. My question is, can anyone recommend a good unit? My interest is more on the quality side of things apposed to the cost side. I control my pool with a Pentair intellitouch automation system so it would need to be able to be controlled through the automation system.
    Mike - Jarrettsville, Maryland

2006, 28,875 Gal IG Plaster with Attached 500 Gal. Spa,
    Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump VS+ 3.2kW 3HP Max,
    Pentair Quad DE 60 sqft. Filter, T-15 SWG, TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Pentair IntelliTouch Automation System, Aquabot Turbo T4rc

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Propane Heater Recommendations

In reality, I suggest getting the larger heater you can afford and that you current gas line is sized for. It will not use more gas, but it will heat the spa up faster.

I do not have any brand recommendations ... although Raypak seem to be liked by people.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Propane Heater Recommendations

Jason,

Thanks for your quick input. I will take you recommendations into serious consideration. It looks like I will need to do a little homework on upsizing the heater in conjunction with the gas like. I know it's a 1/2" line but I have know idea how much upsizing I can do with it. We shall see.

Thanks again
    Mike - Jarrettsville, Maryland

2006, 28,875 Gal IG Plaster with Attached 500 Gal. Spa,
    Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump VS+ 3.2kW 3HP Max,
    Pentair Quad DE 60 sqft. Filter, T-15 SWG, TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Pentair IntelliTouch Automation System, Aquabot Turbo T4rc