Intex SWG keeps tripping off

Elle

May 16, 2007
Northern NY
We've been having a lot of trouble with our Intex SWG this season. Seems every time I go out there it's off and showing the 88 code on the front and then I have to reset it. We've been getting a lot of rain this season...is this the reason? It's plugged into an outlet along with the pump and the pump never turns off just the SWG. It's a few years old and I've been having issues with the buttons as well and sometimes it takes me forever to get it reset. Should I be cleaning it or something? It's just very frustrating b/c I'm used to just having it run daily without my help and I keep needing to turn it on every day almost. Any advice??

Have you been having a lot of power blips?
The "88" code comes up after a power up so if you're having power blips or failures, that's what's causing it.
If it happens frequently enough to be a problem you could put a small UPS on it to keep the power to it during a blip.

I don't think we are having power blips. I'm really not sure. I haven't noticed anything in the house and the filter is always running. Does the SWG have a GFCI on it? I know there is one on our outlet but it's not tripped when this happens. Typically I go out there and it's not on sleep anymore or running and it says 88. I reset it yesterday again and so far we haven't had any rain and it's still on and running fine today.

Are any of the LED lights flashing or solid on the system in addition to code 88? When this started happening to me, I would come outside to code 88 AND the red service light would be solid. If you notice this light is on, then your SWG needs to be replaced. I called Intex assuming I could service the system myself and fix it, that's not the case. Intex told me that the red service light indicates a failure within the system (electronic wise, can't be fixed) and needs replaced. (These systems have 2 years warranties, so if its failed within that period you can get a new one for free! Intex told me it was 1 year, I checked the box and it said right on it "2 year warranty" so I took a picture and sent it to them, they shut their mouths and sent me a new system ASAP haha)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.