Pump is whining

Jun 23, 2013
Split by moderator. Please start your own thread for your own questions. Thanks, jblizzle

Well I'm not sure I have the right place here to post but my pool pump is whining. What is the sound when the impeller is going? Anyone have an idea? And if need B a recommendation for a new motor? I have 23,000 gal single stage 1 1/2 hp. oval shape poool.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!! :wave:

There is a big blue button at the upper right of every forum that says "New Topic" ... I already did it for you.

Well, if it is leaking at the bottom, that likely means the bearing have gotten wet and thus causing the noise and the overheating. The impeller is not likely the problem.

So, you either need to rebuild the bearings or start shopping for a new motor and seal kit ... may as well go with a 2-speed motor while you are at it.

ok I guess I am blind as a bat and this is what I see on my end

Home
Pool School
User Control Panel 0 new private messages Logout [ Bear Mikie ]
Members FAQ Store

Become a TFP Supporter Pool School
Last visit was: June 24th, 2013, 10:50 pm It is currently June 27th, 2013, 5:21 pm

View unanswered posts | Active topics View unread posts | New posts by date | Your posts

So unless it comes in Black and B rail ? Would it be new posts by date?

Now back to the motor. Considering it is about 17 years with this being the only problem I've had and want to go to the 2 speed would I be safe to assume the Hayward is a good motor? I'm running paper filters around 23,000 gal. oval shape plaster pool

Sorry, actually the button is on the upper LEFT, just above all the threads in a given forum ... below everything you just said.

Are you looking to replace just the motor (Hayward does not make motors) or replace the entire pump?

Either Hayward or Pentair make fine pumps. The Pentair Superflo pumps come with a speed selection switch ... I know because that is what I have.

Is your current motor wired for 115V or 230V?

Ok now I know I'm blind as BAT MAN!!! I do not C any New Posts Button. This is what I'm looking at:

Home
Pool School
User Control Panel 0 new private messages Logout [ Bear Mikie ]
Members FAQ Store

Become a TFP Supporter Pool School
Last visit was: June 24th, 2013, 10:50 pm It is currently June 27th, 2013, 6:01 pm

View unanswered posts | Active topics View unread posts | New posts by date | Your posts

Board index » Equipment - Build, Use, and Repair » Pumping Station