decorative wall close to coping

bradf

Apr 17, 2013
Hi Experts,

My first post here. I'm planning to put a decorative wall with columns about 35 feet long and 2 feet high, 4 columns about 2.5 feet high. One employee of the pool builder says it is perfectly fine, the other employee says it could have structural issues since
they did not make the pool wall stronger. Is this true or is it a sales tactic? The decorative wall won't sit on the coping or any part of the pool, it will sit on the ground. Can anyone advise if I can build the decorative wall without causing issues to the pool itself?

Thanks in advance,
Bradf

[attachment=0:2qwtez5c]mypool.jpg[/attachment:2qwtez5c]

Attachments

• mypool.jpg
    mypool.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 96
It would take a soils test to know for sure. Is this fill or undisturbed soil? I assume we are talking a concrete block wall? If its good soil and a good foundation then there should not be a problem. Is the soil really sandy, cobble or expansive? Did they do anything special with the pool structure because of the soil?

A short concrete block wall on good soil with a moderate spread footing should cause no problem in good undisturbed soil.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.