We had an outdoor outlet installed for our pool, however, it has been trouble since day one. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I turned on the pump this morning, then the saltwater generator an hour later, hoping to finally get these things running on their timers (I've been turning them on manually each day), but when I turned on the saltwater generator, it got really hot, smelled like smoke and wouldn't power on (and still won't). It had been working fine until this point! The electrician who installed the outlet has been out here several times, said everything is testing fine and can't explain it. We're calling him to come out again after this morning's issue, but, at this point, I'm losing hope and think our saltwater generator may be fried. Anyone had/heard of an experience like this?