Stingray Automatic Pool Cleaner Stay On The Same Path

I have virutally the same cleaner, it came "free" with my pool.....I know why.
It has limited value, it will basically follow the same path over and over which, as far as I can tell, is 2 different circular paths. One way to alter the path, if yours came with hose segments (mine came with a bunch of 2-3 foot hose segments that are peiced together) is to add or remove segments every so often, that will loosen or tighten the path it takes.

This cleaner can help but it only has limited value, in my opinion.

I do have sections of hose. I removed enough of them so the cleaner will reach other end of the pool. I tried anything. Nothing helps :-(

Start with all the hose and occasionally remove a peice until its too short to do anything, this will tighten the path each time and cause it to move into some new areas.
The unit only accomplishes so much, it will never clean the entire pool bottom, it's just the way it is.

I've contemplated the same thing, the one good thing I can say about the unit is that occasionally the pool needs a vacuuming and I have other things around the house to do, so I hook this thing up and occasionally come out to remove a section.
In that case it helps because the pool gets somewhat cleaner and I get to do something more important. So it's better than nothing.

I too deploy the Remove sections of Hose. I also Fine changing the direction of the return jet, (Say from Clockwise, to Counter clockwise, to pointed at the bottom) also forces "Suckie" (the name my kids give it) into a different path altogether.

One other thing I do is loop the hose once or twice in the middle, (effectively creating a figure 8 with the hose in the middle of the pool) This forces Suckie to take some meandering tours around the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.