Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Gel like substance?

1. Back To Top    #1

Gel like substance?

I have been checking my chemistry at least once/day. I am at about 2.5 weeks since plaster. Still another couple weeks before I dump in salt and put in the salt generator. My chemistry has been at the following levels for the last couple weeks:

I keep FC between 2 and 4 and have only had CC come up non-zero one time... it was 0.5. Using HTH liquid chlorinator product until my SWG is operational.

I have been using the chart for salt water pool, but I am guessing since my SWG is not yet operational, I should be using keeping FC a little higher between 4-6?

My main question is... I have a little bobbing thermometer in the pool... my wife saw something on it and asked me what it was... looked like a few small globs of gel... with brown spots/areas in it... anyone know what this is? Am I doing something wrong with the chemistry?
    32K gal, gunite, French Gray DB, IntelliFlo VF, IntelliFlo, WhisperFlo, Quad DE 100 filter, IntelliTouch, IC-60 SWG, IntelliChem, Dolphin M5

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Gel like substance?

I would just spray the thermometer with some bleach to be safe and throw it back in the pool. I'd keep FC in the 4-6 range, especially with the summer heat.
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

3. Back To Top    #3

Frog eggs!

27x54 AGP with Waterfall, 18,500 gallons, Waterway Sand filter- Waterway 1.5 hp -1 speed pump , TF-100 test kit, BBB method.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

I think lizzieann nailed it.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School