New plaster seems rough

forya

Jun 18, 2013
SE Pa (Bucks County)
I have a 4 week old pool that we are just starting to use, I have been keeping the levels good and brushing. I am getting a lot of bloody big toes. The kids and me are skinning the bottoms of our big toes. I don't know if this is from the fresh brushed concrete deck, or the new plaster pool. The pool does feel a little rough around the steps and the areas where the wall meets the floor. Is this normal? Or am I not brushing good enough? Or do we need to get the PB to sand some areas?

Plaster is not perfectly smooth, but it also shouldn't give you bloody big toes. Brushed concrete, on the other hand, is quite capable of giving you bloody big toes if you are not used to it. I doubt that it has anything to do with your brushing.

I suggest you ask the builder if what you are seeing is normal or not. They should be able to tell right away, while we can only guess. Unfortunately, you can't 100% count on them giving you a straight answer, but still it's your best bet to start with.

I noticed there is whiteish areas in the new plaster that seem much rougher than the rest, when i put clear goggles on and dive to the bottom it seems the plaster has areas of lighter shades that seem choopy. I will take the underwater camera down to see if I can get a pic. I called the PB but he is real busy and doesn't get back to me for a couple of days

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.