Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New plaster seems rough

1. Back To Top    #1

New plaster seems rough

I have a 4 week old pool that we are just starting to use, I have been keeping the levels good and brushing. I am getting a lot of bloody big toes. The kids and me are skinning the bottoms of our big toes. I don't know if this is from the fresh brushed concrete deck, or the new plaster pool. The pool does feel a little rough around the steps and the areas where the wall meets the floor. Is this normal? Or am I not brushing good enough? Or do we need to get the PB to sand some areas?
    25,000 Gal, Plaster, IG, Auto CL, Waterfall, IntelFlo VS Pump, Dolphin DX6 Robot, TF 100 test kit, Merlin Safety Cover Lots of Trees!, South Eastern Pa

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New plaster seems rough

Plaster is not perfectly smooth, but it also shouldn't give you bloody big toes. Brushed concrete, on the other hand, is quite capable of giving you bloody big toes if you are not used to it. I doubt that it has anything to do with your brushing.

I suggest you ask the builder if what you are seeing is normal or not. They should be able to tell right away, while we can only guess. Unfortunately, you can't 100% count on them giving you a straight answer, but still it's your best bet to start with.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: New plaster seems rough

I noticed there is whiteish areas in the new plaster that seem much rougher than the rest, when i put clear goggles on and dive to the bottom it seems the plaster has areas of lighter shades that seem choopy. I will take the underwater camera down to see if I can get a pic. I called the PB but he is real busy and doesn't get back to me for a couple of days
    25,000 Gal, Plaster, IG, Auto CL, Waterfall, IntelFlo VS Pump, Dolphin DX6 Robot, TF 100 test kit, Merlin Safety Cover Lots of Trees!, South Eastern Pa