Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: help!

1. Back To Top    #1

help!

This is probably not the correct spot to ask this question but here it goes. I am in the process of installing a new swg, turns out that one of the unions coming out of the heat pump was plumbed to close to a 90 degree fitting. Make a long story short,I have half a union glued to the heat pump and since unions are brand specific and not any old one will fit I have to buy a new one. Problem is the part is 2 days out (no one in my area carries this part) and my pool will be turning green real soon.

I have a robot and poured a few gallons of bleach into pool and ran it for a few cycles. Any other tips,ideas? The weather is 90 plus degrees and pool already turning cloudy.
    20,000 gallon viking fiberglass pool w/aqua comfort heat pump, pentair whisperflo pump 1.5hp autopilot dig-220 swg w/RC42 cell (42,000), pg2000 fiber optic lights
    hayward sand filter(medium is echoglass)
    Blue diamond robot cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: help!

You can add bleach by pouring it slowly by walking around the pool as long as you then brush the whole pool to mix it in. That process gets a little athletic but it is generally good for a week or more if you are consistent.

Other than that, a small sump pump or cover pump to provide just a little circulation can work wonders.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I kept my up for 5 days after hurricane Rita. I would put bleach in and walk around to mix it up. 3 weeks without power.... don't even want to tell you what it looked like after that. Really it was like 10 days before it got really pretty.
    17500 gallon Doughboy AGP, Hayward DE filter, waiting for the 1.5hp DB pump to go out.
    Learn to take the advice here and be trouble free or use the pool store's advice. "You can't do both and get very far"

4. Back To Top    #4

Unfortunely I can't brush....had rotator surgery a month ago. I shouldn't even be installing a swg. not supposed to lift over 2 lbs. LOL....can't afford to hire a pool company.

I have a blue diamond robot, I ran it 3 cycles today after bleach. Its 2 seasons old, just concerned about burning the motor out running cycle after cycle. Bad idea?
    20,000 gallon viking fiberglass pool w/aqua comfort heat pump, pentair whisperflo pump 1.5hp autopilot dig-220 swg w/RC42 cell (42,000), pg2000 fiber optic lights
    hayward sand filter(medium is echoglass)
    Blue diamond robot cleaner

5. Back To Top    #5

All that matters is that it gets mixed well. The robot might do it; a couple kids sure will.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!